Sunday, September 20th
The Spirit-Filled Life Is A Life of Power
2 Timothy 1:7
For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
- God hasn’t given me a spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind!
- Faith appropriates what God has provided by grace.
Now the just shall live by faith;
But if anyone draws back,
My soul has no pleasure in him.”
“And you shall remember the LORD your God, for it is He who gives you power to get wealth, that He may establish His covenant which He swore to your fathers, as it is this day.
- We can limit God in our lives…look at the children of Israel in the wilderness.
- We can also accelerate God’s blessing in our lives.
For the LORD God is a sun and shield;
The LORD will give grace and glory;
No good thing will He withhold
From those who walk uprightly.
2 Chronicles 16:9
“For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him. In this you have done foolishly; therefore from now on you shall have wars.”
- Do you know God is faithful?
- We are children of Abraham, God promised him, I will bless you and make your name great to be a blessing.
1 What then shall we say that Abraham our father has found according to the flesh? 2 For if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God. 3 For what does the Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.”
- A Christian life that’s not supernatural is superficial.
The Spirit-filled life is a life of power!