Wednesday, April 15th
The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.
From that time Jesus began to preach and to say, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.”
- He announced the entrance of a kingdom.
- Kingdom – The governing authority/influence of a king over his territory.
- Jesus didn’t come to earth to establish a religion, He came to establish a government.
For unto us a Child is born,
Unto us a Son is given;
And the government will be upon His shoulder.
And His name will be called
Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Of the increase of His government and peace
There will be no end,
Upon the throne of David and over His kingdom,
To order it and establish it with judgment and justice
From that time forward, even forever.
The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.
- God gave Adam power and delegated authority.
- Adam committed treason.
- Jesus is the second Adam.
- Jesus came to restore citizenship.
- Come unto me and I will give you rest from your labor to fit in, to have purpose, to walk in dominion.
- “Take My government’s yoke upon you, its easy and the burden of My citizenship is light.”
- Born in a country gives you citizenship.
- You must be born-again…into the citizenship of the Kingdom of God.
16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
- The flesh – your former culture
- You shall not fulfill the pattern of your former culture.
17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.
- The Holy Spirit is sent to be the Governor of the Kingdom on Earth.
- We take His language and culture.