Wednesday, July 15th
Why Doesn’t This Work – Part 2
14 And when they had come to the multitude, a man came to Him, kneeling down to Him and saying, 15 “Lord, have mercy on my son, for he is an epileptic and suffers severely; for he often falls into the fire and often into the water. 16 So I brought him to Your disciples, but they could not cure him.” 17 Then Jesus answered and said, “O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? How long shall I bear with you? Bring him here to Me.” 18 And Jesus rebuked the demon, and it came out of him; and the child was cured from that very hour.
19 Then the disciples came to Jesus privately and said, “Why could we not cast it out?”
20 So Jesus said to them, “Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.
21 However, this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting.”
- The church generally and generationally has not met the needs of people.
- What has rooted in your thinking that effects your ability to overcome?
- “Why doesn’t this work?”
- Most people believe circumstances more than God’s promise.
- Unbelief is always the problem.
- God’s promises take care of faith, we have to deny unbelief.
- Faith is voided by unbelief.
- Build your faith and deny unbelief.
- Unbelief negates faith.
- The Word eliminates unbelief.
No weapon formed against you shall prosper,
And every tongue which rises against you in judgment
You shall condemn.
This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD,
And their righteousness is from Me,”
Says the LORD.
18 Now these are the ones sown among thorns; they are the ones who hear the word, 19 and the cares of this world, the deceitfulness of riches, and the desires for other things entering in choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful.
- The world chokes the Word and our lives become unfruitful.
- Ignorance – a lack of knowledge.
- Disbelief – believing the wrong things
- Natural unbelief – trusting your senses
- Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God.
- Unbelief comes by hearing anything contrary to God’s Word.
- Feelings negate faith.
- Sense knowledge battles faith.
- Feelings have to be trained.
- The sixth sense from God is faith.
- Fast and pray
- Don’t believe anything contrary to God’s Promises.